Week of Action
As Illinois faces an economic and public health crisis, a racial and economic justice crisis, and a crisis of utility corruption, the urgency to pass the Clean Energy Jobs Act has never been greater. So what are our leaders waiting for? Governor Pritzker and members of the General Assembly must act now to pass the Clean Energy Jobs Act this year. It will take hundreds of voices joining together in support of CEJA to make sure Springfield hears us.
Make an Impact!
Our CEJA Week of Action for Clean Energy starts on Monday, November 9!
This is our big chance to pass CEJA in 2020 and get Illinoisans back to work, reign in utility costs, and create a healthier, more just future for all communities.
Wednesday, Nov. 11: Prepare for Lobby Day
- Prepare your personal story ahead of your scheduled Lobby Day meetings with your legislators.
- Make sure you’re up to speed on all of the communications from your Lobby Day team captain and review any information they’ve sent along to make sure you’re all squared away for your meetings! Unsure who your team captain is? Please contact Paloma: email@example.com
- Today’s your last chance to follow up with a few friends about the status of their Lobby Day registration!
- Make an awesome sign for the Lobby Day Rally at Noon on the next day! You can register for the rally here! Go above and beyond and post a picture on social media with this link to join the rally. Use #CEJACantWait in your post.
Friday, November 13
- Use our brand new tool to write a Letter to the Editor supporting the Clean Energy Jobs Act! Simply visit our action page here, and you can draft your own letter explaining why CEJA is important to you (and why our legislators need to pass it this year!). Don’t worry, we drafted a guide for you and a member of our team will review your submission before sending it to the paper.
- Send a thank you email to your legislators for meeting with you, and remind them there’s no time to wait for CEJA! Use this guide if you need a little help.